The youth ministry of Fort Hill Church is a God-centered, safe community that nurtures youth to seek God and be lifelong disciples equipped to love and serve others through faith and fellowship.
Youth Group on Sunday Nights
Youth from 6th through 12th grade gather on Sunday nights to spend time together, play games, discuss matters of faith, and worship. We meet in the newly-renovated Youth Den on the first floor below the Sanctuary.
- Mid-High Youth (grades 6-8) meet in the Den from 4:30-6:00
- Dinner is served for ALL youth from 6:00-6:30
- Senior High Youth (grades 9-12) meet in the Den from 6:30-8:00
Bridge on Sunday Mornings
Youth meet on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am in between worship services for the bridge. We provide breakfast along with time for fellowship, a Bible lesson, and prayer together.
- Mid-High Bridge (grades 6-8) meets in the Mid-High Room next to the Den on the first floor below the Sanctuary.
- Senior High Bridge (grades 9-12) meets in the Den on the first floor below the Sanctuary.
Each summer our youth take part in week-long trips together. Whether we’re serving in a soup kitchen in Raleigh, building relationships in Guatemala, or deepening our faith alongside young people from across the country at Montreat, our youth are taking part in God’s mission to do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with God.
- Mid-High Mission Trip (grades 6-8)
- Senior High Mission Trip (grades 9-12)
- Montreat Youth Conference (grades 8-12)
Our 8th grade students take part in confirmation, which is designed to allow each participant to discover or rediscover that God has called, loved, and known them from the very beginning. Each participant will have an opportunity to claim the Christian faith as his or her own and place it in the context of our church community.
Confirmation is a 12-session class that begins each year in January and runs through early May. Each confirmand is paired with a covenant partner who is an elder in the church. Covenant partners are mentors who walk with confirmands along their journey of faith.
For more information about the youth ministry of Fort Hill, contact Dana Waters, Associate Pastor of Youth & Mission Ministries, at [email protected] or (864) 654-2061 ext. 26.