Our Preschool is an educational ministry of the Fort Hill Presbyterian Church.
The Program operates under the Christian Education committee of the church Session, and
is administered by the Preschool Board of Directors.
The mission of Fort Hill Preschool is to provide quality, loving instruction to each child enrolled in our program, in a caring Christian environment. We help each child grow in his or her ability to express himself or herself through language, art, music, and play. We strive to provide opportunities for children to enrich their understanding of the world in which they live.
- The development of your child as a whole person is our first concern.
- We furnish a challenging environment, which provides an opportunity for children to grow in all ways…socially, physically, academically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- We encourage the children to develop their natural potential while adjusting to a pleasurable and fruitful relationship with their classmates.
- The curriculum, which will be maintained at a high standard and will contain definite Christian, but non-sectarian teachings, will be planned by the director and teachers, subject to review of the Session’s Christian Education Ministry.
- Our daily emphases include: music, art, poetry, story-telling, science and nature, and play, through which the child grows in his ability to create a positive self-image, to share, to express his feelings verbally, and to respect the rights of others.
- Chapel will be held one morning a week.
- Children have weekly Music classes and a chance to visit our preschool library to check out books.
- As a part of the program, refreshments will be furnished each day.
What Do We Do in Preschool?
Preschool Registration Packet2020-2021 Registration Packet
School Closing Policy
If Pickens County Schools are delayed or closed for inclement weather, our school will be closed. In the event that we feel that our schedule should be different, a teacher will call you prior to 8:30 am on the affected day.
The two-year old program allows a class of ten children with two teachers. Threes and Fours have classes of fourteen with two teachers in each class.
Music, Chapel, Field Trips and More
Each class has a music session once a week. Our minister leads weekly chapel times for each class, with Bible stories and songs. Older classes enjoy field trips to area attractions several times each year, including the Brooks Center, Denver Downs, the fire station, and more.
Schedule, Tuition, and Registration
It is registration time for Fort Hill Presbyterian Church Preschool for the 2020-2021 school year. Your child must be three or four years old on or before September 1, 2020, or two years old by April 1, 2020, in order to participate in our program. Applications will be available outside the FHOG office beginning Friday, January 31, 2020. Registration for new students begins on Monday, February 24, at 9:30 am in the Narthex; however, church members can turn in their application into the preschool mailbox in the FHOG office at their convenience, but on or before March 1, 2020. Current church members have registration priority through March 1, 2020. Please contact Dana Armstrong at [email protected] with any questions.
The Preschool offers the following enrollment programs:
- Two-Year-Old enrollment is limited to a two-day morning session (T-Th)
- Three-Year-Old enrollment has two programs (Three Day, M-W-F, and Two Day, T-Th)
- Four-Year-Old enrollment has two programs (Five Day and Three Day, M-W-F)
Calendars2019-2020 Fort Hill Preschool Calendar 2019-2020 Oconee Co. Calendar 2019-2020 Pickens Co. Calendar
Preschool Handbook2019-2020 Fort Hill Preschool Handbook
2019 – 2020 Tuition
Program Total Amount 9 Monthly Payments 2 Payments (Sept. & May) 2 Day – 2 Year Olds $855 $95 $427.50 5 Day – 4 Year Olds $2,052 $228 $1026 3 Day – 4 Year Olds $1197 $133 $598.50 3 Day – 3 Year Olds $1197 $133 $598.50 2 Day – 3 Year Olds $855 $95 $427.50
Early Morning Care
Early Morning Care (EMC) is a service offered to parents who work out of the home and are in need of childcare until 8:45 am. EMC begins on the first Monday of the school year and is available from 7:45 am until 8:45 am when students go to their regular classes. There is a limit of nine children allowed in EMC on any given day, and enrollment is first-come, first-served.
EMC will only be offered if there are enough participants to support the program. This will be decided by September 1 on a yearly basis.
Families that register for Early Morning Care for the entire school year will pay a fee of:
- $50/month for 5 days per week
- $40/month for 4 days per week
- $30/month for 3 days per week
- $20/month for 2 days per week
- $10/month for 1 day per week
School Staff and Board
Five Day Four’s Lead Teacher
M-W-F Four’s Lead Teacher
M-W-F Three’s Lead Teacher
T-Th Three’s Lead Teacher
Two’s Lead Teacher
Early Morning Care Teacher
Five Day Four’s Assistant
M-W-F Four’s Assistant
M-W-F Three’s Assistant
T-Th Three’s Assistant
Marcia Barker, Board Chair
Donna McCubbin, Treasurer
Dana Armstrong, Director (ex-officio)
Katie Wilson, Children’s Ministry Director (ex-officio)