Fort Hill Presbyterian Church currently has two worship services on Sunday mornings, with Sunday School classes held in between.
The early worship service meets at 8:30 am in Tartan Hall, and the later worship service meets at 10:45 am in our Sanctuary.
We follow the church calendar year beginning with Advent as we prepare for the birth of our LORD Jesus.
Christmas Service of Lessons and Carols
Christmas Eve Candlelight Services are held on Christmas Eve, December 24:
- Family-Friendly (children included) Service is at 5:00 pm in our Sanctuary
- Christmas Eve Communion Service is at 9:00 am in our Sanctuary
Lent and Easter
- An Ash Wednesday service is held each year as we begin LENT—a season of self-reflection and spiritual growth as we follow Jesus toward Jerusalem, the cross, and his rising from death to new life. We gather in worship to have the ashes placed on our foreheads. We are mortal and seek to live our lives as those who are prepared to die.
- A Maundy Thursday worship service is held the Thursday night before Easter Sunday. This is the night when Jesus shared a supper with his friends, the disciples, and foretold of his death as he was led away and arrested. As Jesus is led to the cross, we remember that it is in this act of self-giving love of Jesus, the Son of God, that we have salvation and new life through his death and resurrection.
- An Easter Sunrise worship service will be held at the Old Stone Church Cemetery on Hwy. 76 and Old Stone Church Road in Clemson. The time varies according to the sunrise, usually around 7:00 am.
- Easter Day Services – We celebrate the Resurrection of the Lord on this day with two choir-led services in our Sanctuary at 8:30 and 10:45 am.
Each Thanksgiving Day we have a worship service at 10 am. The service is held at the Old Stone Church on Hwy. 76. We gather as a community to celebrate our blessings and give thanks to God.